Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: protecting 802Gs and JBL 075s

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I am about to go to a four way active system...

    wondering what value caps I need to put in-line from the different amp's output to the drivers so I don't risk damaging them from turn-on/off pops

    802G will be 800Hz and up
    JBL 075 will get 7500Hz and up


    thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Assuming both are 8 ohm drivers, I come up with 50uf at 800Hz, and 7uf at 7500. Voltage ratings should exceed forseen amp output. Film caps are preferred, but hard to come by in those values. NON-POLAR electrolytics are the more common choice, both for availability and price. Some folks even use PIO motor-run caps. Note you'll likely have to adjust your XO delay settings to compensate for the cap phase shift.

    You might want to verify my numbers, there's a tech letter on the subject at;
    http://alteclansingunofficial.nlenet...ers/TL_205.pdf

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're welcome!

    If you haven't already found it, there's a source of info I've found very helpful regarding active 4-way systems at;

    http://www.lenardaudio.com/education/01_eduintro.html

    Enjoy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.